A-Tisket, A-Tasket, A Perfect Picnic Basket
by Rachel Haggstrom
Summer is here, which means longer days, warmer weather, and the official start of picnic season! There’s no better way to enjoy the outdoors than with a picnic in a park. Here are a few of our tips for packing up your picnic basket.
The essential basket always includes:
- Cheese (triple-cream brie and bleu cheese are two of our favorites)
- Charcuterie (slice beforehand)
- Freshly baked bread
- Homemade jams (a blood orange marmalade and bleu cheese combination is sublime)
- Fresh fruit like grapes and cherries
- Crisp organic veggies like cucumbers, carrots, peppers, and cherry tomatoes
- Fresh vegetable quinoa salad
- Chocolates or homemade cookies (JUSTIN has a nice variety of homemade chocolates that pair beautifully with our wines)
And of course, JUSTIN wine (Tip! Always pack more wine than you anticipate needing ... just in case!).