Ibérico Ham-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Take your dinner guests on a proper culinary journey with Ibérico ham-wrapped pork tenderloin. Savory and flavorful, Ibérico ham adds juicy complexity to the pork tenderloin. It’s a combination worthy of the bold and exquisite 2020 SAVANT, our unique blend of Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Total time: 3 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 10 oz. thinly sliced Ibérico ham
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons quince vinegar 2 cups pork stock
- Beet puree
- Brussels sprouts
Suggested Wine Pairing
- Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, sear the meat all around to a dark golden brown—you are looking for deep caramelization on the meat.
- Cool the pork immediately in the refrigerator.
- Lay the thinly sliced Ibérico ham onto plastic wrap, forming a long rectangle.
- Place the pork tenderloin on top of the ham, and roll very tightly.
- Put the pork into cryovac bags and seal.
- Cook the pork in a water bath or sous vide at 140°F until the meat reaches the same temperature, approximately 2 hours.
- Remove the meat from the water bath and remove from the plastic bag.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat with clarified butter or canola oil, sear the pork tenderloin to crisp the edges and warm through.
- Slice and serve with sauce and accompaniments.
- In a small saucepot, add the sugar and cook over low heat until a dark caramel forms.
- Very carefully, add the vinegar and cook until slightly thickened, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add the pork stock and allow it to reduce and the flavors to meld.
- Reduce until the sauce reaches desired thickness or nappe.