Tomato and Burrata Salad
The JUSTIN Sauvignon Blanc has a fresh, bright acidity that will cut through the creamy burrata of the dish. The arugula gives a nice spice and herbal element that lends itself to the grassy green flavors of the Sauvignon Blanc, and sweet heirloom tomatoes round out the dish. This dish is extremely effortless and a great crowd pleaser.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 5 large heirloom tomatoes (core removed, cut into wedges)
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half or quarters based on size)
- 6–8 oz. burrata
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup fresh basil chiffonade, thinly sliced
- 1–2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Fleur de sel or sea salt to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
Suggested Wine Pairing
1. In a bowl, gently toss the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Lay the arugula on a platter.
3. Decoratively arrange the larger wedges of tomatoes on top of the arugula.
4. Season the burrata with salt and pepper, and place chunks of burrata between the tomato wedges.
5. Garnish with seasoned cherry tomatoes.
6. Drizzle again with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
7. Top with freshly chopped basil.
8. Decorate with edible flowers, cilantro, or basil flowers.
9. Let sit out for 30 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature so the tomatoes can marinate, then serve.
-The key to this dish is finding fresh, quality ingredients.